senior citizens
Emergency Preparedness for Senior Citizens and the Disabled
August 24, 2015
Labor Day
090: What Is The History of Labor Day?
September 4, 2015
Labor Day

Work while you work, Play while you play;

One thing each time,

That is the way,

All that you do,

Do with your might

Things done by halves

Are not done right

            – Anonymous

Labor Day is next week. If you want to know the TRUTH, then keep reading.

I want to answer the following questions:

Labor Day is essentially a holiday that celebrates the common working man/woman and how they have build the United States.  Interestingly, enough, we celebrate this holiday by not working.
The first Labor Day observance law was passed on February 21, 1887 in Oregon.  By 1894 30 other states followed suit, and on June 28th of that year, congress passed an act making the first Monday of every September a legal holiday.
first labor day parade

First Labor Day Parade In Oregon, February 21, 1887

We can thank the Central Labor Union for Labor Day, since the very first one was observed by them on Tuesday, September 5, 1882 in New York.  Now, the unions actually do more harm than good in my opinion, one that will make me less popular, by keeping wages inflated and work ethics lower.  I am not saying that most union members are lazy, I am saying that lazy people are allowed to be so in a union workplace.  This is just a portion of what is contributing to the problem of the country, but is important to point out.  Laziness is just one more part of why this country is suffering, along with weakness (mind and body), and a drop in morality.  Labor unions also use their power to incentivise higher taxes and strong-arm those that don’t join the unions.


labor day

An illustration of the first Labor Day parade, held on Sept. 5, 1882, in New York City. The holiday was organized by the Central Labor Union to exhibit “the strength and esprit de corps of the trade and labor organizations” of the community, and to host a festival for the workers and their families.

When I pay more in taxes, than it costs me for food, clothing, and shelter every single month, and our government still can’t pay the bills.  All we need is for unions that support the Davis-Bacon Act to assist in raising construction costs.  I am not a fan of union politics.  I equate it to a quasi-legal mafia organization.  Any good that a union does is for 10% of the workforce, and the other 90% is getting crapped on to cover the bill for the other 10% by reduced wages and more.  The 10% are the union workers, and the 90% is the non-union workers that are over-saturated in their field, dropping wages.
And we can thank the deaths of many workers for the national observance of the holiday.  The workers were killed at the hands of the U.S. Military and U.S. Marshals during the Pullman Strike.  After this, Grover Cleveland made labor movement reconciliation a top political priority.  The Labor Day holiday was rushed through Congress unanimously and signed in six days after the end of the strike, because they were afraid that it would happen again.  They forced the hands of the state, out of fear, to acknowledge Labor Day.
We need our children to know that Labor Day is not a day of pride in the ability to work, but a day used as a peace treaty with a bunch of ticked off workers that were left after the massacre of unarmed workers.
We work because we have to, but if you are a survivalist, you are getting ready for a day in which all of that falls through anyways.  We prepare for a time that we have not, so we don’t have to take other people’s crap just because they give us a paycheck.  Now we are free to run a business, or work in an occupation that we actually enjoy.
The 8-hour work day, 40-hour work week, child labor laws, pay for overtime, and safe working conditions were all a result of sweat and blood of men that stand up for fair treatment from the corporate world, police, and hired union thugs.  I am not calling for action over a Labor Day holiday.  I am just telling you to learn the real history behind things, and understand how our neo-fascist government policies are passed and work, and how corporations and unions are a part of the policies.
I can’t write a novel on Labor Day, or you will not read it.  Make sure that you listen to my Labor Day Podcast and you will learn MUCH MORE DETAIL.

Have a great Labor Day!

happy labor day

Enter and Win!!!

Enter the challenge for:

  • 13 Different Adventures to try
  • A way to put enjoyment back in life
  • Cool Tips and Tricks for future adventures
  • Entry into our Yearly Giveaway
We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit
Ken is addicted to fitness and mountain biking. He is such a thrill seeker, people are starting to be concerned!He enjoys MTBing, Hiking, Climbing, Geocaching, Orienteering, Weight Lifting, and Wilderness Survival.

Comments are closed.