Video: Plot Contour Lines for Hybrid Hugel Garden BedsApril 29, 2013
Survival Knots: How to Tie Figure 8 Knots in RopeMay 1, 2013
Building a Garden with Hugel Beds and a Wood Core
I show you through my own experience a method of building a garden using a wood core to create hugel beds.
- find contour of land
- dig garden bed based on contour
- fill hole with wood
- add grass and/or compost on wood
- fill in with dirt for a raised bed
- add grass or compost on top for nitrogen
- dig a swale beside bed upland from it following contour
- just add that dirt on top of the bed.
- get ready to plant your veggies
Here is a video of my hybrid hugel bed:
Get Tips and Special Deals
As I write tips for your adventures and hear about cool gear, I will let you know all about it!